Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Egyptian Panorama! March 31, 2012 (Betty Oliphant Theatre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

As a Continuing Beginner Level student of Hannan's Belly Dance Studio/Egyptian Dance Academy (I started in September 2010), I am now counting down the days and nights to the upcoming big theatre/dance/song production that the Egyptian Dance Company associated with my school will be putting on next week: March 31st 2012, at the Betty Oliphant Theatre, right downtown, here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 






Well to be absolutely honest, I won't get to see much of it in person (I will have to be patient and watch it on DVD afterwards) because I will be volunteering backstage for most of it. This means I will be frantically running back and forth, helping the dancers in and out of their costumes ensuring that they look just as glamorous, exotic, alluring, and polished as they deserve to on-stage, while also running around doing various other mysterious and exciting assorted things to help the production fly from behind the stage. 






Also, because I'm just a Continuing Beginner student, and not a member of the company, I will be volunteering to be an extra as part of the last scene. Obviously with only two years of classes under my jingly student hip-scarf, I'm not nearly anywhere good enough to be dancing with the professional company! I also can't tell you exactly what the last scene is about, or exactly what I will be doing. So, my friends, I'm afraid that you will have to come and see it in person to find out all the details, and have the full 3D experience for yourself! I can truly attest that it's so much better live, in full colour, and in person. 






Just in case I've caught your interest, I *am* allowed to share some associated promotional things for your enjoyment. All this week I will be posting some approved-for-release video links and photos for the Egyptian Panorama show. They will give you a small taste - hopefully just enough to entice you into seriously wanting more: 






No comments:

Post a Comment